Golfers spend outrageous sums of money every year on new balls, clubs, and swing instruction in an effort to improve their game. But what holds back most amateur golfers isn’t their equipment or even their swing; it’s their fitness. In Swing Flaws and Fitness Fixes, seasoned instructor and fitness expert Katherine Roberts outlines a precise combination of flexibility and strength training that will get any golfer in shape to play their best. Including swing corrections by top-flight instructor Hank Haney, Roberts’s program features:
* Tests to measure baseline stability and mobility
* The ideal warm-up exercises for golfers
* Techniques for simultaneously improving posture, balance, and strength
* Exercises to obtain yoga-quality levels of Flexibility
* Nine of the most common swing flaws, from “coming over the top” to the “chicken wing,” with exercises designed by Roberts to overcome the physical deficiencies at the root of the problem
* A full workout program for better back health and stronger core muscles
Enhanced with one hundred photographs, Swing Flaws and Fitness Fixes is an invigorating new approach that solves age-old golfing woes.