Learn to master your short game from two top PGA Pros!
This DVD gives you two premier players – Jim Furyk and Fred Funk teaching you how to execute various short game shots, as they would play it, in a heads up format against each other. Chipping, pitch shots, bunker play, even that awkward 30-50 yard wedge shot – they show you how to do it!
May well be more suited to the experience player.Get inside the minds of touring PGA pros Jim Furyk & Fred Funk as they compete in a skills match designed to help you improve your short game. Learn how to assess your own situations, analyze your options, and execute the proper shots – just like the pros do!Learn these essential aspects of the short game:Lob ShotsBump and runBunker playChippingThick roughBuried liesPutting from the fringeAnd much, much more!Bonus Features: In Depth, Breakout Lessons and Drills*Chipping*Bunker play*Positions of the ClockSetup Guides for 8 Critical Shots
One of the PGA TOUR’s most recognizable and talented golfers, Jim Furyk was born on May 12, 1970 in West Chester, Pennsylvania. In 1992, Furyk turned professional and the rest, as they say, is history. He joined the PGA TOUR in 1994 and has won at least one tournament each year between 1998 and 2003.
16-Time PGA TOUR Champion Including:
- 2003 U.S. Open
- 2010 TOUR Championship
- 2010 Transitions Championship
- 2010 Heritage
- 2x Grand Slam of Golf Champion (2003, 2008)
- 3 International Victories
- 2010 Fed Ex Cup Champion
- 2010 PGA TOUR Player of the Year
- 2010 PGA of America Player of the Year
- 15 Consecutive US National Teams
- 9x Ryder Cup Team Member
- 7x Presidents Cup Team Member
- 4th on the All-Time PGA TOUR Career Earnings List
- One of just three players to finish inside the Top-15 of theFed Ex Cup Standings in each of the first four seasons of the Playoff
- 6th Player in PGA TOUR history to shoot 59 – second round 2013 BMW Championship
Jim Furyk’s trademark looping golf swing and his deliberate approach to the game have earned him nicknames like “The Grinder” and “The Businessman.” His father Mike Furyk encouraged his son’s unusual swing; he didn’t want to change what felt natural and comfortable. History has gone to show that Furyk’s swing has been a great asset to his success on the PGA TOUR.
Fred Funk was born June 14, 1956 and turned professional in 1981. Fred Funk is best known for his amazing consistency and masterful short game and is one of the most popular golf players.
- Won the inaugural Big Cedar Lodge Legends of Golf in June 2014
- Won two Champions Tour events in 2012 – the Insperity Championship and the Greater Hickory Classic at Rock Barn
- Eight PGA TOUR victories, including the 2005 PLAYERS Championship
- Became the fifth oldest player to win on the PGA TOUR with his victory at the 2007 Mayakoba Classic
- Nine Champions Tour victories, including three major championships – the 2008 & 2010 JELD-WEN Tradition and the 2009 U.S. Senior Open
- 2004 United States Ryder Cup Team Member
- 2003 & 2005 United States Presidents Cup Team Member
- Served as the Head Men’s Golf Coach at the University of Maryland from 1982-1988