“This course design has been a highlight of my career since its location, while strikingly obvious in hindsight, did not jump out at me after the first of several site visits and tours of the 12,000 acre estate. But once I strode over the plateau, with views which reminded me of the highlands of Scotland, I knew this would test the mettle of golfers who want to play courses that would challenge the professionals.”
– Donald Steel
Highlights of the Blue Ridge Mountain golf course include:
- Closely cut areas around greens provide many short game options.
- Use of bent grass gives the golfer fast surfaces, and fescue grasses add challenge and a contrast of color.
- A 150 slope measurement attests to the course’s degree of difficulty, and the rating of 75.1 strokes confirms it.
- Bio-filters are strategically placed around the golf course to protect the natural trout streams and rivers that originate within and surround Primland.
- Wetlands around the course remain untouched and are treated as environmentally sensitive areas.
- Electric golf carts are included with your greens fees.
- 25 dollar charge applies for use of the driving range. These fees are included in a daily green fee.
- Use of the putting greens is complimentary.
Address: 4621 Busted Rock Rd, Meadows of Dan, VA 24120, USA
Phone: +1 276-222-3827